During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems. You put this knowledge into action through an internship or series of practical training exercises.
What can PADI Divemasters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What do I need to start?
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organisation
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 40 logged dives
- 18 years old
- Minimum Number of Logged Dives: 60 for certification as PADI Divemaster
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organisational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises
How long will it take?
- 6 full days and several shorter sessions, this can be done over a few weeks or months depending on needs
What is included?
- All Scuba equipment
- Air fills
Course materials consisting of
- Divemaster Slates
- DSD Slates
- Pro Training Log
- Divemaster eLearning
- Recreational Dive Planner eRDP ML
- Reactivate eLearning
- The Encyclopaedia of Recreational Diving
- Digital Instructor Manual
Price£595PADI application fee not included
Continue divingWhats next?
Please print and complete the PADI Medical Statement before attending any diving course. For professional level courses you must be signed off by a physician prior to attending.